Money Central lists 50 ways to trim your budget. Today we're reviewing some ways to lower your clothing costs:
- Find out what looks good on you and stick to classic styles that won't look weird next season.
- Inventory your wardrobe and buy pieces that work with what you already own.
- Avoid dry-clean-only clothing.
- Make hair appointments at beauty schools, rather than full-priced salons.
- Hold a clothing swap with friends.
- Ask friends and relatives for hand-me-downs.
- Give kids a clothing allowance or offer "matching funds" for what they want to buy.
- Check out consignment and thrift stores for lightly-used items.