I thought it would be fun to highlight a few of the items my family got for Christmas this year. Here goes:
- Money (from my parents) -- Some things never change. But I like money, so it's cool with me. ;-)
- Bean soup (from my daughter) -- She made it (in a jar) at a make-and-take craft event. It's dry -- needs water, etc. added to come to life.
- Food (from my wife) -- Cookie dough (I eat it uncooked) and vinegar and salt chips. Yum!
- Money (from my parents) -- Yep, she's been on the gravy train too ever since we got married. ;-)
- Calendar (from me) -- She has a very special calendar she wants each year, and I get it for her.
- Bean soup (from my daughter) -- I guess it was the "must have" gift of the year. ;-)
- PS2 Video game (from me and my wife) -- Paintball. Now he can shoot people without my wife saying he's killing others.
- Chelsea jersey (from me and my wife) -- Authentic jersey from our favorite soccer team.
- Sled (from me and my wife) -- 20 inches of snow so far this winter -- he'll have plenty of opportunity to use this.
- Money (from my parents) -- He'll probably buy a video game.
- American girl doll (from me and my wife) -- Pray for us. We've just entered the overly expensive world of American Girl.
- Puzzle (from me and my wife) -- My daughter LOVES puzzles. This one glows in the dark, sparkles and I think does just about everything other than play the Star Spangled Banner.
- Money (from my parents) -- She'll use it to buy American Girl clothes.
We had several other "small" items, but as you can see, we have a rather simple Christmas. And yet somehow "simple" still ends up costing $700 or so when all is said and done. ;-)
How about you? What were your major gifts this past Christmas?