Trent lists ten methods he uses to be productive wherever he is. For me, being productive no matter my location (doctor's office waiting room, in the store, waiting for my wife to finish shopping, the time before church waiting for the service to begin, etc. -- basically anytime I'm waiting anywhere or whenever I have an idea/task to record) can be summarized in one statement: I carry my Blackberry with me wherever I go.
I put EVERYTHING on my Blackberry -- calendar, task list, contact information, memo pads, etc. so I always have a copy of "my life" with me. Then at downtimes I can do a variety of tasks including:
- Review my list of tasks and assign them days to be completed. This is especially handy for deciding what I want to accomplish later in the day/the next day.
- Look over the next few days in my calendar to see what appointments/events I have coming up.
- Send a quick email or make a phone call to get something off my task list.
- Review a memo or two -- maybe a list of ideas I have for this blog or a simple shopping list I always keep handy (things I need to buy when I get the chance.)
- Record some thoughts/ideas that I want to remember/take next steps on in the future.
These are just a few of the examples where having my Blackberry helps me better manage both my work and personal lives. Ultimately the key benefit is that having my Blackberry with me all the time saves me a ton of time. And, as we all know, time = money.
How about you? Do you have any tips that make you more productive?
BTW, I just got the Blackberry Curve. I'll let you know what I think of it.