This is the time of year when I've had enough of winter and begin thinking of getting away.
We had originally planned to take a cruise last month, but both of our kids got new jobs and couldn't afford the time off.
So instead, we're staying home.
We do live in Colorado and hope to hit the ski slopes sometime this month, but other than that, we have no winter vacation plans.
Somewhat on the radar for trips this year include:
- My daughter's senior trip (looks like Seattle)
- Trip to Iowa to see family around Easter
- A late spring trip to Destin, FL with my family and my parents
- Moving my daughter to college in Virginia in late summer
- Fall/late fall trip to Yellowstone that we put off last year
We're also thinking of renting a place on a beach in the Caribbean in January of 2018, but that's pretty far away to lock in at this point.
We live in a tourist area so there's always a lot to do in between "official" vacations.
One great thing about retirement is that time (when to go) is mostly taken out of the equation. This freedom allows us to go places at off-peak times which usually means lower prices and fewer crowds.
How about you? What are your vacation plans this year?