Free Ebook.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

« Free Mind Over Money Book Giveaways at Free Money Finance, Day 3 | Main | Money Saving Tip Reminder: Review Your Statements »

January 25, 2006


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

I have a question on this (since you mentioned this =)) what if I am only like $500 to $900 dollars away from qualifying, is there a way that this years can be rolled into next years? Or does it start from zero once you begin the new year?


FMF asked me to respond to your question.

I am not aware of a way in which you can roll deductions from one year to another. Since the deduction is based on anything that exceeds 7.5% of your AGI (line 37 or 38), you could lower your AGI by possibly contributing more to your 401(k) or take advantage of one of the deductions available on the front page of form 1040.

I hope this helps.


Thanks a bunch!!!

Lets say my family income is $52,000 and we have nearly $19,000 in medical expenses. Not counting any other deductions, what percentage of that $19,000 can I expect to get back in my refund?

Amanda --

I suggest you consult your tax preparer or the IRS to see how you deduct your medical expenses specifically. You'll have a good amount to deduct -- you just need to be sure you do it correctly.

My diability social security goes to my designed payee
What happens if my designated payee goes has a personal bankrupcy. What happens to my social security?

The comments to this entry are closed.

Start a Blog


  • Any information shared on Free Money Finance does not constitute financial advice. The Website is intended to provide general information only and does not attempt to give you advice that relates to your specific circumstances. You are advised to discuss your specific requirements with an independent financial adviser. Per FTC guidelines, this website may be compensated by companies mentioned through advertising, affiliate programs or otherwise. All posts are © 2005-2012, Free Money Finance.