Free Ebook.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

« Should a Tax Deduction Keep You from Pre-Paying Your Mortgage? | Main | March Madness Free Money Finance Style, Sweet Sixteen Announced »

March 14, 2007


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Thanks for the upromise link. It seems like a VERY useful site.

I'd like to add this -

Get your HS student a summer job as soon as he or she is eligible for a work permit. The parents can then "gift" money to the child, to place into a Roth IRA. The gift amount would be the max. of the child's earned income or the annual limit for that year.

You can withdraw your contributions at any time. I'm not totally certain about earnings, but if nothing else, you can leave the earnings in the account to accumulate additional earnings while the child is in school.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Start a Blog


  • Any information shared on Free Money Finance does not constitute financial advice. The Website is intended to provide general information only and does not attempt to give you advice that relates to your specific circumstances. You are advised to discuss your specific requirements with an independent financial adviser. Per FTC guidelines, this website may be compensated by companies mentioned through advertising, affiliate programs or otherwise. All posts are © 2005-2012, Free Money Finance.