Free Ebook.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

« What Cash-Back Credit Card Pays 3%? | Main | Great Gift for Graduates: Four Pieces of Financial Wisdom »

July 17, 2007


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Too bad there is no such thing as "career" or "education" insurance. My greatest loss was uninsurable.

Or dignity insurance.

MW -- Actually, there's disability and life insurance that protects your income if something happens to you.

The federal government offers career insurance. It's called many names: welfare, food stamps, unemployment benefits, etc. Most state governements offer career insurance as well.

Not sure about education insurance, you're the first person I've ever heard of who lost his education.

Your so-called government career insurance (e.g. welfare) is virtually nonexistent for childless adults. I am not aware of any government assistance available to a childless adult working full time at minimum wage.

I did not lose my education but my education lost what little value it once might have had. I don't think my education has any nontrivial value today.

What would you say is a good ratio, deductible to total cost where using car insurance makes sense (i.e. deductible is less than xx% of total repair cost). I used my car insurance one time in my life and the premiums rose significantly. If I knew the amount they would have risen I would have paid out of pocket for sure.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Start a Blog


  • Any information shared on Free Money Finance does not constitute financial advice. The Website is intended to provide general information only and does not attempt to give you advice that relates to your specific circumstances. You are advised to discuss your specific requirements with an independent financial adviser. Per FTC guidelines, this website may be compensated by companies mentioned through advertising, affiliate programs or otherwise. All posts are © 2005-2012, Free Money Finance.