Free Ebook.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

« A Solid Alternative to a Free House | Main | Hire a Home Inspector to Look Over Your Current House »

August 12, 2008


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

If I contributed to my HSA with after-tax dollars and choose not to take an above the line deduction on my taxes could I avoid having to pay income taxes on my gains when I choose to withdraw from my HSA after age 65? -- similar to a ROTH IRA?

the monthly fees for an HSA (from wells fargo) are more than the monthly interest, so it really doesn't make sense. Anyone know of a bank that offers a fee free HSA account?

With the new health care laws taking affect in 2011 (Obama Care), it looks like this tactic is going to be greatly hindered. You will now have to get prescriptions from a doctor for things as simple as Tylenol and cold medicine. Hope your doctor doesn't mind filling out a drug store grocery list for you...:)

The comments to this entry are closed.

Start a Blog


  • Any information shared on Free Money Finance does not constitute financial advice. The Website is intended to provide general information only and does not attempt to give you advice that relates to your specific circumstances. You are advised to discuss your specific requirements with an independent financial adviser. Per FTC guidelines, this website may be compensated by companies mentioned through advertising, affiliate programs or otherwise. All posts are © 2005-2012, Free Money Finance.