Free Ebook.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

« When Family Members Steal | Main | Two Ways to Deal with Rebates »

September 22, 2009


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

If you're like me and want to keep eating, you pick option #1.

My previous employer has an odd rule that I was 100% vested from day one but if I were to rollover the plan after leaving I would lose the contributions and considering they matched 2:1...I am leaving it with them.

That is very odd Travis...

Personally I rolled over my 401k into a Roth IRA. The money is taxed as income at that point but there are no additional penalties. The cool thing is that this actually allows you to contribute more than your normal limit to the Roth IRA for the year, which is very nice.

Anyways I think technically you have to roll it to a normal IRA and then you can move it to a Roth IRA if you are not above the income limits. So this is option #4 + new #5 :)

The comments to this entry are closed.

Start a Blog


  • Any information shared on Free Money Finance does not constitute financial advice. The Website is intended to provide general information only and does not attempt to give you advice that relates to your specific circumstances. You are advised to discuss your specific requirements with an independent financial adviser. Per FTC guidelines, this website may be compensated by companies mentioned through advertising, affiliate programs or otherwise. All posts are © 2005-2012, Free Money Finance.